5ThirtyOne V2 WordPress theme

5thirtyone v2.0

The original 5ThirtyOne 2006 Spring Reboot submission. V2 was a live redesign submission gone stale.

As the reboot deadline neared, I began seeing submissions from sites around the net which left me yearning for more. The v2 distribution is a centered narrow column design which features a unique modal window for searches and displaying recent activity. I’ve gone to great lengths to keep this theme as consistent as possible throughout. Many of the aesthetic details in use on the private 5ThirtyOne Reboot edition were carried over from this very theme.

Large fonts, integrated customizations for the Ultimate Tag Warrior plugin, modal window, and Script.aculo.us effects [integrated pull down shelf] all rolled into a single download package for WordPress 1.5 & 2.0. Original PSDs are included for your own personalized customizations.

Take the time to read through the entire write-up on the Official 5ThirtyOne v2 WordPress theme page. I’ve tried my best to detail any possible questions that may arise. Spread the word as I’d like to see similar fanfare for v2 that the Foliage and Foliage Mod themes have received.

1. This is awesome Derek! I, and I’m sure others, are really thankful for releasing all your themes. I’m gonna customise this a bit, and let you see the results. Thanks again.

2. Oompa says:

Sweet. Thanks Derek. Awesome theme.

3. Just another thing… could you possibly tell me (us) the name of the font used in the PSDs? Thank you!

The font used is ‘Impact’ Nothing fancy. The catch, however, is that I fiddled with the height and width of the entire text layer making it look a little different than the default. It’s something that I’m sure you’ll either have to reproduce or replace altogether.

5. Thanks Derek. Awesome work, is a really beauty theme.

6. Sprons says:

[quote comment=”1485″]For more authors to be highlighted put || $comment->comment_author_email == “another-author@gmail.com” after comment_author_email == “guest@email.com”.[/quote]

Sprons is correct, you can highlight additional comments using the code:

<li class="<?php if ($comment->comment_author_email == "author@email.com") echo ‘author’; else if ($comment->comment_author_email == "guest1@email.com") echo ‘specialguest1’; else if ($comment->comment_author_email == "guest2@email.com") echo ‘specialguest2’; else if ($comment->comment_author_email == "guest3@email.com") echo ‘specialguest3’; else echo $oddcomment; ?> item" id="comment-<?php comment_ID() ?>">

Using the above code highlights one main author plus three additional guests. Feel free to change the “specialguest” classes to something else if needed.

8. Anshul says:

Thanks for the theme Derek.

9. AsceticMonk says:

Hi Derek, thanks for sharing all these wonderful themes. But for now, I think I am gonna stik with Foliage Mod a little bit longer. I got a question for you: What version of Quoter plugin are you using? I tested on your site, you can quote from multiple people, but on mine if you click quote the second time, it always erases the previous quote and replace it with the new quote. I know it is probably easy to tweak the code, but just wondering if you are using something different. Thanks!

[quote comment=”1493″]What version of Quoter plugin are you using?[/quote]

Currently running version 1.1 of the plugin.

11. AsceticMonk says:

For some reason. the same plugin on my site is pretty slow, and I can quote from more than one person. Strange!

13. GAiL says:

14. poldo says:

[quote comment=”1498″]so, derek… are we expecting a tagalog-titled theme from you soon? 😀 come on now… hehehe[/quote]

You can definitely expect a little Tagalog finding its way into a future theme.

[quote comment=”1499″]Hey, I just noticed your favicon is new…this is a lot better than the first one![/quote]

I had to change the favicon since I accidently included the green one with the v2 download.

16. AsceticMonk says:

[quote comment=”1496″]That is strange considering I ran the Foliage Mod here with the plugin enabled and had the ability to quote multiple comments. Possible class with other plugins. I’m going to ask that you refrain from commenting on Foliage Mod unless it’s on the official page.[/quote]

Sorry about going off topic here. I will comment the issue in the release thread.

17. tom says:

hi derek and thank you for informing me by email for this great news.
    i love it on the first sight and i hope i can present you my own modification and tweak of your theme.

thx for sharing, my donation ins coming soon. greetz from austria

[quote comment=”1534″]can you please help me, the asides plugin, where i can get this ( this version you used ) i had an empty index page last night…but today i have more time to test and tweak and write and love it.[/quote]

There are no plugins being used for asides. Read through the post and comments in home.php. Your “asides” are the category of your choosing based on your current blog setup.

19. Kim says:

Probably one of the most qualified themes for WordPress ever made. Thanks Derek!

20. Kernel says:

Hi everyone, I´m using this template in my blog http://erebe.net. I made some changes to the original template. If you find something that you like, please tell to put the code here. Sorry for my bad english.

Hola a todos, estoy usando este template en mi blog, http://erebe.net. Hice algunos cambios a la plantilla original. Si encuentras algo que te agrade, por favor dímelo para poner el código aquí.