CMD+K search in Safari
Firefox keyboard shortcuts are permanently etched into my head. Blame my many years of Windows usage for my dependancy on CTRL+K or CMD+K to focus on the search bar at the top right corner of my favorite browser. It would be only natural to restore the CMD+K search goodness.
- Open System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard shortcuts
- Select the add button at the bottom left corner
- Select Safari from the applications drop down menu
- For menu title, enter “Google Search…” ( … = option + ; )
- Focus on the Keyboard Shortcut textbox and press CMD+K
- Select ‘Add’ and restart Safari
There’s no denying the convenience of CMD+K over the default CMD+Shift+L. Does anyone feel like an argument?
Check out a previous post on breathing new life into Safari for inspiration on adding additional functionality to Apple’s Safari browser.